Monday, May 6, 2013

The Lost Elephant

I asked you to free the bears from the zoo
all the animals
but only if you could guarantee them safe passage to a Promised Land
it reminded you of your dream, an elephant that walked to your left then right
It had escaped you said
It's your memory I said
and for all the fears and the talking
won't you just feel my lips place a true kiss upon your scars and scarecrows
Don't you know for you I would open the Gardens of Babylon
for I know where their lush green lies, the map is within each poet's heart
with each fresh spring divined

Let me take you by the hand to the healing temples of Sumeria
to be consecrated by sacred water
and given back your song

Why would I do this you ask?
Because we have seen the moon together and for a moment became one being I said
even though your dark rememberings still push you underground


No comments:

Post a Comment