Thursday, September 3, 2015

Kiss

I saw his name. And for the briefest of moments it tugged my being open – and filled it with an oasis, flowers and never ending sky. I saw smiles, felt the curve of my own mouth tilt upwards with happiness, felt a feeling of rightness – the kind that made me want to stay like that forever, in a perfect bliss. I remembered how an embrace felt like, as water upon a dying soul, as a promise, as a prayer. I inhaled the sacredness of union, the heat of lovers, the want, the flesh, the bite. I looked into the most beautiful eyes and thought there could be no untruth possible. The late afternoon sun lulled me, the night drank me in, the ancient land sang her songs and danced her magic deep. I saw his name and remembered, then I closed the book again.

No comments:

Post a Comment